[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 2.0.0 successful on Mac OS X Tiger

Orth, Alan AOrth at exchange.csuchico.edu
Thu Dec 14 17:31:17 CET 2006

Oliver,

Nope, mine's working great too.  I agree that it was a bit of a struggle to get all the dependencies in line in the right order, but it's working on my server as well.

I don't know what had changed, either Mac OS X or something in syslog-ng 2.0.0, but I definitely had successfully compiled 1.6.x and 1.9.x branches on a few different Tiger boxes several times in the last year and they would simply just not log anything.  All they seemed able to do is poll and generate high CPU usage.

I'm glad you documented the process on afp548.com, though, a lot of Mac admins read their stories. :)

--
Alan Orth
Upward Bound - Systems Administrator