[syslog-ng] Equivalent to Syslog's -a for extra socket listening?

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Fri Aug 25 05:42:20 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 04:07:43AM +0100, Hari Sekhon wrote:
> I'm reading up on chrooting bind and need a log socket inside the
> chroot jail. Is there an equivalent to Syslogd's -a switch that
> creates a second socket to listen on?
>
> I suspect not, and that I will have to create it myself and then just
> add a source for the extra unix-stream definition to my conf.

Wow, when I first saw your name I thought it said "Hari Seldon", a
character from some of my favorite science fiction.

Anyways, here's what you need:

 http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html#chroot

syslog-ng will create the socket.
--
Nate

The only way to convince some people that HTML is about content, not
style is with a <PLANK>2x4</PLANK>.