[syslog-ng] syslog-ng on AIX

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Aug 15 13:36:07 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 08:23 -0500, Brian Loe wrote:
> On 8/14/06, Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> wrote:
> > > So, the question, what more do I need to look at?
> >
> > The INSTALL file in the source tarball contains information on various
> > operating systems on how to configure local message. You are probably
> > missing some kind of source definition for local messages.
>
> I checked that out, and don't recall seeing an item for AIX (HP-UX and
> Solaris I do remember seeing)... I'll check again.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but this is currently in that file:

  AIX (unknown revision)

  AIX does support STREAMS, but its log transport doesn't use it. As it
  seems /dev/log is a simple SOCK_DGRAM type unix socket, so it works using:

      source stdlog { unix-dgram("/dev/log"); };

I would appreciate if you could confirm this, so I could update the file
to be less vague.