[syslog-ng] Fwd: Syslog-ng again

Sandor Geller wildy at balabit.hu
Tue Aug 8 08:13:37 CEST 2006

Brian Loe wrote:
> Okay, since no one has responded yet I'll add that I've noticed when
> the pipe is enabled in the config file I'll get some messages in both
> the netmessages.log file and the pipe - but then it will stop when the
> pipe gets to 32657 bytes...can it be a clue?

[ Don't expect prompt answers on mailing lists, we are supporting
syslog-ng against our free time... ]

Enabling/disabling the pipe shouldn't have any effect on other
destinations, so I think your notification isn't correct.

Is there a process on the other end of the pipe reading the messages?

Can it really read from the pipe? You are specifiing perm(0660) without
owner and group, so check the actual permission of the pipe and your
other destinations.

Using pipes destinations may be hazardous, the OS can block the writing
processes when the readers are gone...

What version of syslog-ng are you referring to?

--
Sandor Geller
wildy at balabit.hu