[syslog-ng] suggestions for a web frontend to syslog data

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Fri Apr 7 21:55:47 CEST 2006

I'm sorry, i have to say something here -

other than a personal dislike of the 'free neuterware, expensive opaque
app' approach, one has to wonder about the data limit basis of the
licensing.  You pay, according to their site, $5k to get <= 2gigs of
indexing... and what happens the day your data exceeds this?  No matter
how fast you cheerfully cough up *more* cash to hastily upgrade your
license, what happens to the overflow..?

We're rearranging quite a bit here atm, adding a few projects,
rededicating machines to different priorities, etc.  So going from
'comfortably below' the limit to 'annoyingly above' within the space of
a week (or two days, or an hour and half...) is very real to me.

(just consider there to be a long rant somewhere in here along the lines
of 'free software!' and paying good money to betatest other people's
copywrit software, and it'll save us both the trouble ,-) ).

Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT