[syslog-ng] suggestions for a web frontend to syslog data

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Fri Apr 7 20:43:28 CEST 2006

We're doing ~1.5GB/day with absolutely no performance problems at all.
In fact the CPUs are around 80-90% idle when processing this amount of
log data.  I'm using a FIFO to to direct the log data into splunk.  I
found that the tailing processor and the directory monitor were both
much slower than the FIFO at handling steady streams of log data.

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, TX  78741
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Phone: (512) 602-8775
Microprocessor Solutions Sector