FW: [syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.6.8 bug: not maintaining priority

SheBang infosec at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:14:17 CEST 2005

> You can't use a hex number there, it needs to be decimal. I don't see a
> macro that we can use to properly set the decimal <PRI> in the beginning of
> a templated message. Bazsi, can you shed any light on this?

I dug into it, and it looks like the PRI macro should work. See news
releases below.

Try a template like this:
destination self { udp("cashmere.comp.uvic.ca <http://cashmere.comp.uvic.ca>"
template("<$PRI>$FACILITY $PRIORITY From $HOST: $MESSAGE\n"));

News for the 1.6.3 release
	Thu, 06 May 2004 11:05:46 +0200

 	* fixed afunix and afinet destination template handling, do not include
 	  the PRI value automatically, let the administrator do it
 	  explicitly in its template

News for the 1.6.1 release
	Fri,  9 Jan 2004 10:27:38 +0100

	* added a new macro named "PRI" which inserts the decimal value of
	  the message priority (pri + level value combined)