[syslog-ng] Equivalent to syslog.conf -

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Mon Sep 5 09:06:39 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 09:12:04PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> But. My OpenLDAP 2.3.7 slapd log needs a "do not synchronize"
> possibility, similar to the syslog.conf - possibility, I *think* I've
> solved this by buffering output with sync:
>
> destination d_slapd { file("/var/log/slapd" sync(10)); };

That's it, more or less. I forget offhand how much Linux syslogd (well
GNU syslogd is probably what it really is but everyone just calls it
"Linux syslog") will buffer but what you've done is also buffering
before writing to disk. I'd not make it so high though - maybe five at
the most. Just my opinion, though.

Hope this helps.
--
Nate

"REAL PROGRAMMERS don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand." - Unknown