[syslog-ng] Equivalent to syslog.conf -

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sat Sep 3 21:12:04 CEST 2005

Hi list,

Read all the docs (time and time again) and Googled, but still have no
answer.

Red Hat RHAS3, syslog-ng 1.6.8 (self-compiled on system, installed as an
rpm) on this test server. I've come to appreciate syslog-ng and would
not willingly go back to the original.

But. My OpenLDAP 2.3.7 slapd log needs a "do not synchronize"
possibility, similar to the syslog.conf - possibility, I *think* I've
solved this by buffering output with sync:

destination d_slapd { file("/var/log/slapd" sync(10)); };

Is this it, or could I do something better?

Thanks!

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl