[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.9.6 compile error

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sun Oct 16 00:30:36 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 17:00 -0500, Marvin Nipper wrote:

> LOG_FAC                             libsyslog-ng.a(filter.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to syslog-ng

hmm... you don't seem to have a LOG_FAC macro in Solaris. Maybe I should
simply not rely on those LOG_ macros, they don't seem to be portable
anyway.

Nevertheless, please open filter.c, and define LOG_FAC this way to solve
the issue for now. I'm going to get rid of all those syslog.h
dependencies.

#define LOG_FACMASK     0x03f8  /* mask to extract facility part */
                                /* facility of pri */
#define LOG_FAC(p)      (((p) & LOG_FACMASK) >> 3)