[syslog-ng] dropping

Mike mike at jeke.fdns.net
Fri Oct 7 14:51:27 CEST 2005

I think the best thing to do is to stager the sending times of the
data...but failing that, adjust your system level buffer sizes.

this site talks a bit about doing that
http://www-didc.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/linux.html, if you have never adjusted
the sizes before.

we ran into the same problem, and simply adjusting these values worked
wonders (I think we set ours to be 256MByte max).

Mike