[syslog-ng] no $PID macro?

Roberto Nibali ratz at drugphish.ch
Wed Oct 5 23:23:03 CEST 2005

>     The log format macro system is a great idea.  However, I didn't see
>     $PID as an option.  Is there a reason for this?  Should I wade through
>     the source and create a patch, or is this an unsolveable problem?
>
> You mean the process ID embedded (sometimes) in the program name (when
> that field is present)?

It's part of the identification when you use the LOG_PID option in
openlog(). It's not a required option but nevertheless a proper formated
syslog message should contain it.

> That would be a wonderful patch. A google search shows other people
> wishing for this earlier in the year.

What is a good reason to have this? If you specify $MSG you will get the
programme name and pid logged, provided it was specified in openlog().

Is that not what you guys were looking for?

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc