[syslog-ng] Bugreport: Ver 1.9.5 problems with facility/level filtering

Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com Marvin.Nipper at Stream.com
Tue Oct 4 02:54:17 CEST 2005

 > Exactly. Here is the full code which seems to work around
> those issues
> rather nicely (you're in for a good treat reading the comment block
> almost at the end of the code):

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr/trunk/time/unix/time.c?view=mark
up

Can you say "Jump thru hoops"?

> I wonder if this should be implemented in syslog-ng as well?

I hope so!  But that's easy for me to say, looking in from the outside.
;-)

> Bazsi is
> in Sevilla
> enjoying the sun and giving interesting speeches at the
> present time ;).

Sounds well deserved!  I hope that it's an enjoyable trip!

> Could you grep for this tm_gmtoff and altzone as follows,
> please (maybe
> it's defined as __tm_gmtoff)?
>
> find /usr/ -type f -name "*.h" -exec grep "tm_gmtoff" /dev/null {} \;
These hits:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/CORE/config.h: *        the struct
tm has a tm_gmtoff field.
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/CORE/uconfig.h: *       the struct
tm has a tm_gmtoff field.

> find /usr/ -type f -name "*.h" -exec grep "altzone" /dev/null {} \;
These hits:
/usr/include/time.h:extern long altzone;
/usr/include/time.h:extern long timezone, altzone;

Thanks for the help Roberto.  You have a great week.

Marvin