[syslog-ng] Apache Syslog-ng/Syslog-ng newbie

Esquivel, Vicente Esquivelv at uhd.edu
Mon Nov 21 21:49:43 CET 2005

Thanks for responding.

So let me make sure I am understanding what you suggested.

You said that I could run SnareApache on the servers running apache,
then let Snare send the Apache access logs to the local syslog on that
same server then have the syslogd on that server send them to  the
centralized syslog server that is logging via syslog-ng?

So I take it that Apache can't do it any other way without something
like Snare?

How much of a load does it add to a server and how difficult is it to
implement?

Thanks!
Vince