[syslog-ng] Apache Syslog-ng/Syslog-ng newbie

Brian Bemis brian_bemis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:38:51 CET 2005

For the error logs, logging to syslog (or syslog-ng) is built into Apache.

For the access logs, try SNARE for Apache:

http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/SnareApache/index.html

You can use this in conjunction with syslog-ng. It will send you're apache
logs to the syslog daemon on the local system, then all you have to do it
set up syslog-ng to forward the logs to a central server and separate them
according to the server sending the logs. This is all built into syslog-ng.

  _____