[syslog-ng] Architecture redundancy

philip ilovespams at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:36:29 CET 2005

Hi,
 I would like to setup two syslog server so that I don't need to have outage
if I need to do some update/upgrade on the system, my questions is how
should I set it up? I can send all the traffic to both servers, but I can
only load the data to a database on one system at a time. If I need to down
the primary system, that mean I need to switch to the secondary to load the
data and switch it back when primary is up again. How I can make sure I get
all the data load on the database and make sure the syslog data on both
servers are the same?
 Thanks.
 Hermann