[syslog-ng] host$

Speedy Sweedy speedysweedy at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 19:34:16 CEST 2005

>Most likely, you have a borked syslog-ng.te that doesn't allow the
>syslog-ng
>process to read /etc/nsswitch.conf or similar, breaking DNS lookups.

I used an RPM to install syslog-ng - could I get away with downloading the
source, compile it and replace the syslog-ng bin?

>Grep through your logs and find any avc entries that reference syslog-ng.
>
>(And BTW - FC4 is about to escape, I'd *strongly* recommend upgrading to it
>if you're doing any SELinux work - the policy definitions have been worked
>on a *lot*.  If you can't upgrade, at least get the updated SELinux RPMs
>(they
>should work OK on the FC3 kernel)).

Yeah, I've read about FC4 being much better for syslog-ng.  I'm about ready
to start over using the FC4 test3 iso's but didn't know what happens once
fc4 is released as far as installing the new released version.