[syslog-ng] Re: Reliable tcp logging

Dave Johnson davejjohnson at gmail.com
Thu May 12 01:06:43 CEST 2005

Assuming you already tried to find out what was causing the drop on
the remote side (firewall/remote server/unknown?), and this can't be
tuned, some other random ideas:

1) send udp and tcp to the central server, compare files at end of day
  (assuming you rotate them every day)

2) run a keepalive message sender:
  [make sure your sync is (0) for the connection(s)]:
   a) cronjob every couple minutes to logger a "keepalive"
      - Filter the message out at the central server.
   b) have syslog-ng send stats every couple minutes and send it to the
       central server.