[syslog-ng] Re: Reliable tcp logging

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Wed May 11 21:39:30 CEST 2005

Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Related if not exactly matching to (IHMO):
>
> https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2005-February/006974.html
>
> Only the first message is lost, however.

Well, yes, it is exactly the same issue and it is indeed only one line
that gets lost (which in my case, where typically every host sends about
1 line/hour does not really make a difference).

Unfortunately, the previous discussion does not sound very promising.
Obviously there is no hope to get this fixed in 1.6.x...

How far from being ready for production use is 1.9.x?

Maybe I should go back to using udp instead, which is by definition
unrealiable, but in this case probably would still yield a higher
success rate?

Regards,
                Peter Daum