[syslog-ng] klogctl: Invalid argument

micah milano micaho at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:53:24 CEST 2005

Hello,

Whenever I stop/start/restart syslog-ng, I see the entirity of my
kernel buffer spit onto the screen, as well as the following message
sent to STDERR:

klogctl: Invalid argument

I cannot figure out where this comes from, I do not have a program
called klogctl on my system, and I've looked through the syslog-ng
sources to see if I could find anything there, and I can only find an
item in the NEWS file:

ChangeLog:      * utils/klogctl.c: New file to control kernel log level
NEWS:   * Added klogctl program to control kernel logging level on Linux

but there is no utils/ folder at all, nor is there anything else
related to klogctl.

Thanks!
micah