[syslog-ng] Re: [syslog-ng]syslog-ng dies randomly on solaris

Ian Veach syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:02:57 -0800 (PST)

Bazsi -

Unfortunately, I don't remember configuring syslog-ng with debug switch.
I will do that now (see below).

I did what you said anyway, and here are the results (already had ulimit
unlimited):

[root@leviathan:/tmp/syslog-work]# gdb -c /var/core/core.syslog-ng.6854.leviathan.0.0.1107398506 GNU gdb 6.0
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.9".
Core was generated by `/usr/local/adm/sbin/syslog-ng -v'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xff19f69c in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xff19f69c in ?? ()
#1  0xff136ce8 in ?? ()
#2  0xff136f88 in ?? ()
(gdb) q

Prolly not much use without debug options on, i would guess.  But I am
going to have to learn gdb...

----

I am redoing my test configuration.  I am going to re-compile (with debug)
1.6.6 and put that on a client.  I am going to download the 1.6.4
sunfreeware package and put that on a (test) loghost.  then i'll load
either client or both and see if I can get one to core again (or not!)

I'm assuming your sunfreeware package (looked like you did it?) was
compiled with debug enabled...

Also, as an aside, do you want to take a guess when the new dev (1.9.x)
will go production?  :)

Thanks SO much for your help.

ivo