[syslog-ng]Syslog-NG 1.6.6 memory leak when sending UDP logs

Roberto Nibali syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:13:10 +0100

henry@shoelacecity.com wrote:

> Let me understand this, you were seeing a leak when using a PERL script
> to send UDP packets using
> Net::RawIP    _to_ syslong_ng.

Exact, the perl-related process was leaking, no syslog involved. We had to
hand-craft the UDP packets since the spoofing only works partially from our POV.

> I am still experiencing clear leak behavior when using syslog-ng to send
> spoffed UDP packets to other syslog-ng's.
> The syslog-ng sender is leaking, the receiver is exhibitning normal
> behavior.

You could valgrind the process ... http://valgrind.kde.org/

Sorry for not being more helpful to you in this matter,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  tel://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreactive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356
terreActive AG                       Wir sichern Ihren Erfolg