[syslog-ng]Syslog-NG 1.6.6 memory leak when sending UDP logs

Roberto Nibali syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:42:23 +0100

CORRIGENDUM:

> It looks very much like a leak. As I've heard last week from our
> development team, they seem to have seen similar massive leaks when
> using UDP spoofing. But I need to confirm that first. I'll let you know
> tomorrow or the latest by next Wednesday.

Ok, I've checked back again with that developer and ...

> The leak manifested itself when calling syslog() over a perl script or
> something similar, I don't exactly remember. The gross and I/O intesive

Actually it was a bug in the Perl Module Net::RawIP. We needed specially crafted
UDP packets for sending them to syslog-ng. So my barking is wrong here and I do
_NOT_ see this memory leak. Sorry for the noise and happy debugging :).

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  tel://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreactive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356
terreActive AG                       Wir sichern Ihren Erfolg