[syslog-ng] syslog-ng to syslog not working

Roberto Nibali ratz at drugphish.ch
Fri Jul 29 07:14:57 CEST 2005

> I tried to send to 192.168.4.252 UDP 514 syslog messages via another
> computer with Kiwi Syslog gen and the packets arrive with no problem at
> all.

This is not going to help you address the issues I raised. You have to
do the tests on the machine that does not work. Use netcat to connect
from your client that does not work to the server.

> So I guess the problem resides on my syslog-ng server. What could it be?

You have to try it from the node that does not work. Also if it works
from another node, I reckon your syslog server is indeed working. Also
you haven't answered my other questions regarding packet filters and
routing.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc