[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.9.2/eventlog 0.2.2: packaging notes

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:18:35 +0100

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 15:27 +0000, José Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> Balazs,
>
> Thanks.  Both packages build without problems.
>
> In a couple of days I think will have specfiles for
> redhat/fedora systems ready (the specfile for eventlog
> is ready; still have to finish and test the syslog-ng
> configuration files).
>
> Regarding the static linked syslog-ng: would it be possible to
> do the same for syslog-ng 1.6.5 and the tcp_wrappers library?
> Please see:
> https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2004-October/006559.html

the patch there is not correct as you were patching the generated
configure script, not the original in configure.in.

the solution should be similar to the solution in syslog-ng 1.9, e.g.
add a -Wl,-static in front of -lwrap and a -Wl,-call_shared afterwards.