[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.9.2/eventlog 0.2.2: packaging notes

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:00:48 +0100

Hi Jose,

First of all thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I've
released new snapshots from eventlog and syslog-ng, hopefully fixing
these problems.

Fixed versions:
eventlog-0.2.3+20050116+1856.tar.gz
syslog-ng-1.9.2+20050116+1849.tar.gz

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 03:35 +0000, Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> Balazs,
>
> I have a couple of requests to make regarding the packaging
> of the above packages (for Red Hat/Fedora systems).
>
> 1) copyright information
>
>     I believe both packages are being distributed under the
>     GPL license.  Could you mention this in the README files
>     and maybe include the COPYING file in the tarballs?

eventlog is distributed under a BSD style license, on the other hand
syslog-ng is of course GPLd.

> 2) the CFLAGS aren't being inherited

fixed.

> 3) eventlog static lib

fixed.

> 4) syslog-ng 1.9.2
>
>     Would it be possible to also generate a static linked
>     syslog-ng?  Right know it only uses dynamic libraries
>     (glib2.so and libevtlog.so).

syslog-ng now links statically against glib and eventlog while keeping
libc and related libs dynamic.