[syslog-ng]Am I an idiot? (tcp destinations)

Jay 'Whip' Grizzard syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:07:06 -0800

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:45:13PM -0600, Dave Johnson wrote:
> Jay--
>
> Assuming you have source {}; and log {}; defined in the file elsewhere.
>
> As for that line...  Are you missing a left parans?
>
> I configure it this way:
> destination remote { tcp ( rem.host.name port (514) ); };

Okay, so I typoed on my one example line (had an extra closing parens right
after the address), that comes from emailing on a different computer than
I'm setting this up. D'oh!

The particular config file I was testing for this particular example was
/just/ the one destination line and nothing else, under the theory that
even if it didn't want to run with no other entries, it'd parse the line and
kick out something other than simply 'syntax error'. I was trying to reduce
things to the minimum reproducable case, and you can't get more minimum
than that!

Putting the same thing in a full config file doesn't change anything but
the line number of the syntax error, though, and I did just doublecheck
to make sure I had matching sections everywhere.

So... I'm confused.

-jay