[syslog-ng]1.6.6 release status

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:47:58 -0800

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 12:12:51PM +0100, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> o We have a test suite for syslog-ng that we built up for QA reasons. If
>   there is an interest in submitting those, I'll talk to the management.
> o We internally patch syslog-ng to have a counter assigned to each
>   message. So we have a log_id and additionally know which messages are
>   lost. I wonder if such a feature (given the patch was polished) could
>   be of any interest.

It would be good to release the suite. If it's working but needs to be
more user-friendly (change hard-coded stuff to command line args,
helpful usage and error messages) I'm sure the community can help add
all that.

As for the patch which adds a log-id, why doesn't your test suite just
add that to the message when it injects it? Seems messy to put it into
the internals when external scripts can do it for you.
--
Nate

"Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but
coaxed downstairs a step at a time." - Pudd'nhead Wilson's
Calendar(1894) - Samuel Clemens