[syslog-ng] convert logoutput to syslog

Mark F mfaine at knology.net
Fri Dec 23 22:15:42 CET 2005

We use a commercial content management system that does not log to
syslog but has its own log files.  I can however modify where the log
files are written via a config file directive. I'm interested in writing
(or acquiring) a small program to convert the proprietary log output to
something more syslog-ng like and redirect the stream to syslog-ng.

I could probably use the logger command to accomplish the latter but how
to convert the log output to use syslog facilities is the real question.

Any advice, has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks,
-Mark