[syslog-ng]Needed features: include statements and greater-than/less-than options for log level/priorities

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:14:26 +0100

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 07:38, Jesse Molina wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have looked for this information elsewhere but have not found it, thus
> I bring it to the community.
>
> I have two questions regarding the syslog-ng configuration file;
>
> #1.) Is there an "include" statement to grab additional configuration
> parameters, similar to httpd.conf or named.conf?  I suspect the answer
> is no.  I am responsible for a couple of syslog-ng implementations that
> have gotten to be huge and working with a single file is getting to be a
> problem.

currently it is recommended to use some kind of preprocessor (for
example cpp) .

> #2.) I would like to state functions such as "greater than" and "less
> than" for logging levels/priorities.  This functionality is available in
> the BSD syslogd and some others, but I am not aware of any such thing in
> syslog-ng.  I can't imagine that this hasn't come up before.  To get
> around this, I made a an ugly 55-line syslog-ng configuration with
> filters to which I can reference, but I really don't want them all in my
> syslog-ng.conf, thus question number 1.

it is possible to specify ranges like this:

filter f_pri { level(emerg..info); };

Does this solve your problem?