[syslog-ng]Needed features: include statements and greater-than/less-than options for log level/priorities

Jesse Molina syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:38:06 -0700

Greetings!

I have looked for this information elsewhere but have not found it, thus
I bring it to the community.

I have two questions regarding the syslog-ng configuration file;

#1.) Is there an "include" statement to grab additional configuration
parameters, similar to httpd.conf or named.conf?  I suspect the answer
is no.  I am responsible for a couple of syslog-ng implementations that
have gotten to be huge and working with a single file is getting to be a
problem.

#2.) I would like to state functions such as "greater than" and "less
than" for logging levels/priorities.  This functionality is available in
the BSD syslogd and some others, but I am not aware of any such thing in
syslog-ng.  I can't imagine that this hasn't come up before.  To get
around this, I made a an ugly 55-line syslog-ng configuration with
filters to which I can reference, but I really don't want them all in my
syslog-ng.conf, thus question number 1.

I did google around and found these articles, in reference to question
number 1;

http://citadelle.intrinsec.com/mailing/current/HTML/ml_syslogng/0307.html

http://citadelle.intrinsec.com/mailing/current/HTML/ml_syslogng/0304.html

But that's about it.

Thanks for reading.  Flog me if I need to RTFM.

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = jesse@opendreams.net