[syslog-ng]libol, make_class, scsh

Bryan Henderson syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:58:13 +0000

I'm trying to figure out how the build with libol works.  I've read the
few pages about it on the web site and the README file.

I have libol-0.3.13 and syslog-ng-1.5.26.

My first question: The syslog-ng make files appear to expect
'make_class' to be installed in my PATH or in a libol directory I
specify.  But a 'make install' of libol does not install make_class
anywhere.  The 'make' of libol does generate utils/make_class, though.
Shouldn't 'make install' install it?

A related question:  'configure' of syslog-ng finds libol by invoking
libol-config from the PATH.  But 'make install' of libol did not install
libol-config.  It did create libol-config and when I inserted it in my
PATH, syslog-ng configure worked fine.

fix that later, but the problem is that it reacts to this by creating
a 'make_class' with a null string for the scsh path.  This is very
unfriendly.  Wouldn't it be better to generate it with some default
path (maybe /usr/bin/scsh)?  Then the error message when you try to
run it would make it clear that the problem is a missing scsh.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California