[syslog-ng]Problem with syslog-ng on OpenBSD 3.5 Sparc64

Coward, Robert (Contractor) syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:43:35 -0400

I recently upgraded to OpenBSD version 3.5 Sparc64. I installed syslog-ng
version 1.5.24 from the OpenBSD ports tree.
The install went fine and there were no errors. I substituted the line in
/etc/rc that normally starts syslogd for /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng.
On boot up it starts fine. However after the system comes up all entries to
the log are proceeded with the following entry:

syslog-ng[18782]: io.c: sockaddr2info(): Unsupported address family 110
(addrlen=256).

I did some googling and the only refernces i can find about this, concerns
a kernel error in a much earlier release in OpenBSD.
I've been playing with it to see if I can determine why the error comes up
to no avail. Has anyone seen anything like this?

---
"Theology, by diverting the attention of men from this life to another, and
by endeavoring to coerce all men into one religion, constantly preaching
that this world is full of misery, but the next world would be beautiful --
or not, as the case may be -- has forced on men the thought of fear where
otherwise there might have been the happy abandon of nature." (Elbert
Hubbard, 1856-1915)
---
Robert V. Coward
UNIX System Administrator