[syslog-ng]syslog-ng on Sol8 - newbie questions

"Pedroche, Raśl" syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:52:14 +0100

------=_NextPartTM-000-23640317-f2b2-4772-b1e3-8714ec39da95

------_=_NextPart_001_01C46977.7A0E51C0

  The idea would be configuring syslogd to not to listen on UDP
and send messages to it, while syslog-ng listens on UDP socket and
does not read from /dev/log.

  You can add a line "LOG_FROM_REMOTE=NO" to /etc/default/syslogd
(but it should not be necessary, as Solaris syslogd does not listen
on UDP port by default) and add a line to /etc/syslog.conf alike to

whatever.whatever,*.somethingelse	@localhost

  Then create (and use) an UDP source in syslog-ng.conf and NOT
a source of type sun-streams.