[syslog-ng]syslog-ng on Sol8 - newbie questions

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:17:53 -0500

I'm running Solaris 8. I would like to setup syslog-ng and syslogd to operate
together.  Reading the faq, it says:

Q: I'm new to syslog-ng. Is there a way for syslog-ng and syslogd to co-
exist?...
A: Yes, syslog-ng can accept messages from stock syslogd using the udp()
source.

Can anyone give me more specifics on how to setup the source for this setup?
We've got syslogs forwarded from our network gear to this box so I want to
make sure syslog-ng can get those forwarded messages from syslogd.

Also, can anyone give a suggested filter setup for the following syslog.conf
entry:

local7.notice;*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.none  /var/log/error.log

Thanks, Jim