[syslog-ng]Re: bug with UDP messages and rc4 (was: patch for log parsing bugs)

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:19:33 +0100

Hi,

I've finally gotten to allocate some time releasing the final syslog-ng
1.6.0, and while collecting the bits I've found our discussion back in
October 2003, when I posted a patch which should have fixed a log4j
interoperability problem.

You said messages were not newline terminated, I replied I couldn't
reproduce the problem and you answered the difference might be that you
are sending messages with a custom perl script which does not end lines
with newlines whereas my testcases did.

I now retested the code, this time without newlines as the following
strace snippet shows:

$ echo -n 'valami uzenet' | strace nc -u localhost 2000
.