[syslog-ng]reading debug output

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:27:38 -0800

I have syslog-ng (1.6.4) running as "syslog-ng -d -v" and I happen to
know that messages are buffering up, because I defined a TCP endpoint
where there's nothing listening.

I can't tell from the debug output what the buffer looks like (how full
it is), is it possible to tell or is there no way to know?  Well, no way
except failed connection messages on internal() and the eventual STATS
messages telling of dropped messages of course.

TIA
--
Nate

"A computer will do what you tell it to do, but that may be much
different from what you had in mind." - JOSEPH WEIZENBAUM, quoted in
Time