[syslog-ng]Question about file handles, programs and time_reopen

Jesse Molina syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:14:26 -0700

Hi

You can always clear the file rather than actually removing it.  Such as;

 > yerlog.log

or

echo "" yerlog.log

I realize that isn't what you were asking, but that's how I handle it
for some log processing scripts that clear the log file upon processing.
  You are correct in your assessment of how syslog-ng behaves with log
file creation.