[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng unusual memory occupation

G. C. syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:39:02 +0000

Hi, I'm using syslog-ng (1.6.4) on a RedHat Linux AS 3.0 and I'm
experiencing a heavy memory occupation.
Untill yesterday syslog-ng was using 1GB RAM, today I added 1 GB more and
now it is using it too plus some swap (total 2.8 GB used. And it is
growing...).

I use this server for collecting logs from several hundreds network devices.
The traffic collected is around 1GB/day and I save it to a text log file
which is created and rotated daily.

I cannot understand the reason, I tried to play with the garbage collection
and fifo options but accomplished nothing.

Any experience of such a behavior?
Thanks in advance for your help,

Peter.