[syslog-ng]Remote MySQL?

Michael Arndt syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:47:45 +0200

Hello,

i am as well interested in collcting syslogdata on a central loghost
in a mysql database.

two questions concerning this topic:

has anyone build mysql or postgresqls report tools based on OSS tools
or has feedback regarding this topic ?

Is there a easy to use mechanism to get at
least some routine queries / reports by a "GUI" ?

SQL queries are not so encouraging to not-technical people
(end users)

has anyone hints about the size of logfile information
he / she handles with MS SQL or postgres sql ?