[syslog-ng]Still - "Assertion `i == nfds' failed."

Dennis Skinner syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:31:07 -0400

Still looking for help with this.  What other information can I
provide?  It has been running for a week inside a screen in debug mode,
but I would really like to get it working properly.

Still getting this error:

syslog-ng: io.c:270: io_iter: Assertion `i == nfds' failed.

syslog-ng version 1.6.0rc3
libol 0.3.10
RedHat 9

I only have 3 sources: internal and 2 udp sources (no /proc/kmsg or
/dev/log).  It runs fine for a short while and then dies with the above
error.  Sometimes it runs for a minute or so and sometimes for 15-20
mins without a problem before it dies (logging properly from the various
servers while it runs).

I had setup the local syslogd to pass its messages to syslog-ng via
udp.  I stopped syslogd (and klogd) and getting same problem.  Tried
running both using chroot option and not, same thing.

Seems to run forever in debug mode.  I can see it does garbage
collection every now and then.

> So you have three sources and a single file destination? Or you also
log to
> remote hosts uding TCP or UDP?

No, I have 2 destinations....other servers are sending logs here.

source s_local {
        internal();
};

source s_int1_udp {
        udp(ip("10.0.1.123") port(514));
};

source s_int2_udp {
        udp(ip("192.168.1.123") port(514));
};

destination d_sort_program_host {
        file("/export/syslog-ng/var/log/$HOST/$PROGRAM.$MONTH$DAY$YEAR"
                group("logs")
                perm(0640)
                create_dirs(yes)
                dir_perm(0750)
        );
};

destination d_sort_host {
        file("/export/syslog-ng/var/log/$HOST/$MONTH$DAY$YEAR"
                group("logs")
                perm(0640)
                create_dirs(yes)
                dir_perm(0750)