[syslog-ng]Re: Log analysis

Brad Stockdale syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 06 May 2003 11:48:15 -0400

Hello all,

    I've been using syslog-ng for about a year now on a centralized logging
server. It works great! But now I have 9 gigabytes of past logs... haha...

    In any case, I am trying to find a good way to analyze the daily
logs... Sort of condense them like LogSentry/LogWatch does, but via a web
interface...

    Can anyone out there recommend a good log analysis package? I started
to try out lire, but part way through the setup I figured out that it might
be a pain to try to get lire to understand the log rotations, etc... I
rotate logs daily with the following directory structure:

/var/log/$IPADDRESS/$4DIGITYEAR/$2DIGITMONTH/$2DIGITDAY/facilitypriority.log

    lire expects the logs to be in /var/log/ and use the normal rotation of
putting a number at the end of the filename...

    Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Brad