AW: [syslog-ng]DNS Problem?

Unger, Christian syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:32:52 +0200

May you using, Windows 2000 ADS integraded DNS Servers. Then you should =
look into you logfiles of the Windows box. The 2000 DNS Server dies some =
time on havy load. MS knows that problem and so the DNS kommt with a =
autorestart funktion.

But you can get a dns time out during the restart.=20
Or your ADS is in combination with Exchange 2000, so the DNS (DC Server) =
has some time havy load during the LDAP querys from Exchange. The DNS =
Respons now needs extremly long. If you have this you should need 3 DS =
in the primary Exchange 2000 Site and split the Exchange querys over the =
tree global catalog Server.

Thas my 2000 knowlage ;) I hope it helps someone.

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Glasser, Rob [mailto:rob.glasser@attws.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2003 00:50
An: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Betreff: RE: [syslog-ng]DNS Problem?

These are internal systems located in the same datacenter although not
necessarily on the same network.  reverse lookups work, in fact for any
system that has a problem, it's usually only one message out of hundreds
for the day that has the problem, all other messages from those systems
resolve fine.

Rob Glasser
desk (425)288-2562; cell (206)915-4327=20
rob.glasser@attws.com / 2069154327@mobile.att.net=20