[syslog-ng]syslog-ng

Shetkar, Ravishankar syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:02:52 -0500

Hi All, I am working on a log centralization project in a Solaris
environment and my initial search led me to syslog-ng. It seems like
syslog-ng is a  good product which is recommended by a lot of people. . If
you are running syslog-ng in a Solaris environment (especially Solaris 8/9)
I would very much be interested hearing about your experiences. I would
really be interested in positive comments from someone who is successfully
employing syslog-ng. I noticed there are frequent releases of syslog-ng. How
easy/difficult/time consuming is it to upgrade an operational environment?
It will be grate if some one give me a sample syslog-ng.conf files on syslog
server and clients.And some hits about how to use and configure mysql with
syslog-ng.
thanks

Ravi