[syslog-ng][syslog-ng 1.4.17] configuration error

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:10:45 -0800

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 07:50:07PM +0100, Arno Luppold wrote:

> When I try to run syslog-ng I get this error message:
>
> parse error at 25
> Parse error reading configuration file, exiting.
>
> At line 25 there's the f_message filter. If I use
>     filter f_message { not filter(f_firewall); };
> it's working fine. But as soon as I add another "not" I get the error posted
> above.
>
> Can anyone tell me where's my mistake, please? :-)

Check out an example conf at http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng.conf or
http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/expanded-syslog-ng.conf or the
documentation at
http://www.balabit.hu/static/syslog-ng/reference/x97.html and you'll see
that you need to use "and" in the statement. You need something like
this:

 filter f_message { not filter(f_firewall) and not filter(f_foo); };

--
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in
human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
 -Mitch Ratliffe

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."  -Steve Wozniak