[syslog-ng][syslog-ng 1.4.17] configuration error

Arno Luppold a.luppold@web.de
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:50:07 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to set up syslog-ng, but it fails at startup. I'm using this
configuration (excerpt):

filter f_news       { facility(news); };
filter f_mail       { facility(mail); };
filter f_local      { facility(local0, local1, local2, local3,
                               local4, local5, local6, local7); };
filter f_firewall   { match("SuSE-FW"); };
filter f_messages   { not filter(f_firewall) not filter(f_mail) not
   filter(f_news); }; # that's normally at the same line as f_messages

When I try to run syslog-ng I get this error message:

parse error at 25
Parse error reading configuration file, exiting.

At line 25 there's the f_message filter. If I use
    filter f_message { not filter(f_firewall); };
it's working fine. But as soon as I add another "not" I get the error posted
above.

Can anyone tell me where's my mistake, please? :-)

      Arno