[syslog-ng]Trouble using syslog-ng on Solaris 8

Robin Brown robin_brown@totalcomm.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:32:07 -0500

It actually looks like the host matching in the filter was the culprit.
Running it as Drew suggested pointed that out very quickly.

It's just using the first match, so what's the best way to get some
better hostnames logged to the file?  If I don't have an entry in the
hosts file, can I turn off resolution for it completely so it only looks
at the IP address?

Looks like the long_hostnames(yes) option may work for matching my hosts
file, can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks for the help!

-Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu
[mailto:syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of Michael Breton
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 2:10 PM
To: 'syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu'
Subject: RE: [syslog-ng]Trouble using syslog-ng on Solaris 8

Config looks fine.  What verison of libol did you install?  There was a
bug
in a prior version that did the same thing to me.  Just upgrade to the
latest version of libol and recompile syslog-ng.  libol does not need to
be
installed (Although it can be), but make sure syslog-ng isn't being
compiled
with the old version of libol.

Michael Breton
Commtel