Betr.: Re: [syslog-ng]How to distribute Syslog-ng?

EDL.Essed@belastingdienst.nl EDL.Essed@belastingdienst.nl
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:19:51 +0100

Balazs,

It worked, after changing all Makefiles to read DESTDIR = /tmp/staging
(Couldn't get "make DESTDIR=/tmp/staging install" to work, see below).

Thanks,
Esteban.

$ make DESTDIR=/tmp/staging install
No suffix list.
Making install in src
Making install in .
        /bin/sh /home/essee05/src/syslog-ng-1.5.26/mkinstalldirs
/usr/local/sbin
mkdir /usr/local/sbin
mkdir: cannot access /usr/local: Permission denied
*** Error exit code 2

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Esteban Essed
B/CICT, Sector Continuiteit
MPS/Midrange
WBC-F305
Tel: (055 - 528) 3654
wok, n.:
        Something to thwow at a wabbit.

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Balazs Scheidler"   |
|         |           <bazsi@balabit.hu>   |
|         |           Verzonden door:      |
|         |           syslog-ng-admin@lists|
|         |           .balabit.hu          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           13-02-2003 12:40     |
|         |           Antwoord a.u.b. aan  |
|         |           syslog-ng            |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |       Aan:      syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu                                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |Onderwerp:       Re: [syslog-ng]How to distribute Syslog-ng?                                                                   |

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:27:57AM +0100, EDL.Essed@belastingdienst.nl
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build Syslog-ng on one machine but use it on another.
>
> Is it enough if I copy the binary syslog-ng and the configfile
> syslog-ng.conf?
> Or do I need more?
>
> I want to do this for AIX and for HP-UX machines.

try using the DESTDIR feature of the makefile distributed with syslog-ng:

make DESTDIR=/tmp/staging install

this copies binary files using /tmp/staging directory as root. you only
need
to tar and untar its contents on the destination host.

PGP info: KeyID 9AF8D0A9 Fingerprint CD27 CFB0 802C 0944 9CFD 804E C82C
8EB1