[syslog-ng]performance test questions

Roberto Nibali ratz@tac.ch
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:02:33 +0100

First off: I realize that I'm a major bandwith user on this ml currently. That
is mainly because I need to do intensive testing which in the past reveiled some
problems which I wasn't able to fix by myself. Please tell me if I'm too nerving.

>>o remove old dependancy of klogctl from src-tree

Verified.

>>o add back STATS counter to libol

I have a hard time triggering it, what's the best and fastest thing to trigger
such a message? I do get message loss at a certain point but it doesn't get
accredited within syslog-ng's STATS counter. I assume that this must then be an
incoming buffer problem and not a destination buffer problem.

>>o fix wrong UDP message handling (maybe change back to packet based
>>buffering)

Yes, this is tested and verified. It now works better than with syslogd as a
client. Thanks for addressing it.

> Too late, I've already released 1.5.26 and 0.3.9 though it was not announced
> yet.
>
> Everything you mention above except from the template patch was done.

Sorry for being such a pusher but is it possible to have it in 1.5.27? It has
been updated and tested extensively by Achim.

> (and I also updated the docs a bit)

I've seen it.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc