[syslog-ng]Modification to slowly start destination programs

Roberto Nibali ratz@drugphish.ch
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:07:44 +0100

> In my current syslog-ng setup there are many destination programs.
> When syslog-ng restarts these all load at once, causing the system
> to grind to a halt.

Nate has already said what I wanted to say on the design and workaround
solution of this problem. But perhaps you really need this so ...

> As a solution, I'd like syslog-ng to spawn these programs more
> slowly, perhaps one every few seconds.

How many destination programs do you have?

> After a quick glance through the source it wasn't obvious to me
> where I should make this modification.  Any hints on what part of
> the source destination programs are executed?

You might want to have a look at do_init_afprogram_dest() in
../src/afprogram.c and go back from there if you would like to try out
your delay theory.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc